The stage is set for what could be the biggest ever homeowner event in the history of Kings Ridge, so please plan to attend our 16th annual National Night Out parade and party this Tuesday (Oct. 2) starting at 6:30 p.m. And the weather forecast looks outstanding!
The night is all about shining a light on crime prevention through the year-end engagement of neighbors.
Decorate your bikes, wagons, strollers, selves and pets to win gift cards from local merchants in the parade that starts at 6:30 p.m. We’ll be joined by the award winning Hebron High School drum line and Engine 13 from the Plano Fire Department.
Visit the Kings Ridge HOA table to register for raffle prizes from Chuy’s, Jumpstreet, Andy’s Frozen Treats, Another Broken Egg, Mi Dia, Cheddars, Barrel & Bones, Grandpaws Pet Sitters and Mixin’ Up Smiles. Visit the City of Plano table to learn how to get invovled in the city. Visit the Life At The Ridge table for cool give-aways.
We’ll walk a short distance to our phase 2 park just off Kings Manor and Cannon Falls. The park has been repeatedly treated for fire ants, but heavy September rains have produced a bumper crop of fire ants. The mounds will be staked off and marked to help steer people away from the mounds, so please walk carefully.
At the park, enjoy amazing food/drinks donated by local merchants:
- 150 pound smoked pig, plus salmon for tacos from Purple Tako
- Cheese quesadillas from Lava Cantina
- Frozen custard from Andy’s Frozen Custard
- Cookies from Mixin’ Up Smiles
- Tea and lemonade from Chick Fil A
- Beer from the HOA social committee
Meet city leaders, get to know neighbors and have fun:
- Meet Plano City Councilmember Kayci Prince, Police Chief Greg Rushin and Fire Chief Sam Greif.
- We’ll seek to achieve a world record by taking a group photo of 200+ people with the LovePlano Heart!
- Face painting is provided by Primrose Schools.
- Bounce houses are provided by Life At The Ridge, Honest 1 Auto Care and ReMax.
- A large inflatable slide is provided by Blue Ribbon Roofing.
- Photo booth provided by Keller Williams and Deborah Hayes
- Yardzee lawn game
- Volunteers and support from multiple merchants whose logos are shown in this post
- Enjoy music from DJ Maco Amoyo
We’ll have extra field lighting so plan to stay as long as you’d like. We know it’s a school night so we expect to wrap up by 9 p.m.