Our largest National Night Out parade & community party was attended by 425 neighbors. With fingers crossed for great weather, we’d like to break our all-time record and have scheduled an action-packed, amazing night for neighbors of all ages on Tuesday, Oct. 2.
As we shine a light on safety and encourage neighborhood engagement as a means of thwarting crime before it happens, we’re still seeking a few more volunteers.
- judging parade entries
- helping local restaurants with food & drink service in shifts
- checking on our face painters, bounce houses and other vendors to make sure they are doing okay
The night’s lineup:
- 6:15 p.m. – Parade participants gather at corner of Kings Manor & Crystal Falls
- 6:30 p.m. – K-9, adult & youth parade begins with Fire Engine 13 and the Hebron HS drum line
- 6:30 to 8:45 p.m. – Neighborhood party on lit phase 2 greenbelt by Beckworth, Traceland & Rainwood (off Cannon Falls from Kings Manor)
- 7 p.m. – Brief remarks about crime prevention & community engagement from a senior ranking City of Plano official, our Chief of Police and our Fire Chief.
We’ll have the most amazing food from several local restaurants including pork and salmon tacos, non-meat treats, frozen custard, cookies, plus sweet tea and lemonade.
We’ll have a very cool DJ, yard games, a photo booth, face painters and extra field lighting to keep things lit before we wrap things up on a school night by 9 p.m.
There will be a few surprises, lots of great items being handed out to guest, and we’ll have our “Best of NNO” contest prizes awarded again for best decorated bikes, wagons, strollers & pets. Judges will look for funny, creative & elaborate parade entries so plan ahead and help set an attendance record this year!